Principal's Welcome Message
The Darlington County Virtual Academy (DCVA) is a 1-12 virtual program, where we focus on cultivating a culture of ICE - Innovation. Community. Excellence. We believe that by creating a top-notch environment that uses the best digital and traditional tools, we can help scholars become successful contributors to our local society and beyond.
Our vision is to be a leading and exemplary program that others can follow and replicate. We believe that by focusing on innovation, community, and excellence, we can create a program that is truly transformative for our scholars.
Here are some of the ways we focus on ICE:
- Innovation: We encourage our scholars to think outside the box and come up with new and creative solutions to problems. We offer a variety of opportunities for scholars to share their ideas and learning in a variety of unique and innovative ways.
- Community: We believe that learning is best done in a supportive and collaborative environment. We foster a sense of community among our scholars through our online forums, our scholar ambassador program, and our annual ICE Conference.
- Excellence: We strive to provide our scholars with the best possible education. Our faculty are experts in their fields, and our curriculum is constantly being updated to reflect the latest trends in education.
We invite families to consider DCVA as a viable and preferred alternative to home school or other virtual programs because it is a great option for families who are looking for a flexible, rigorous, and supportive learning environment. We offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Flexibility: DCVA is a hybrid online program, where scholars in grades 1-8 have daily live instruction while high school scholars can learn at their own pace and from anywhere in the world.
- Curriculum: DCVA's curriculum is rigorous and challenging, but it is also engaging and relevant to the 21st century. Students have the opportunity to learn from expert faculty and participate in hands-on projects.
- Community: DCVA has a strong sense of community, with a variety of options for scholars and families to connect academically and socially. This helps scholars feel connected to their peers and to the DCVA community.
- Support: DCVA provides scholars with a variety of support services, including academic advising and tutoring. This helps scholars succeed in their studies and reach their full potential.
We believe that by focusing on ICE, we can help our scholars become the innovators, leaders, and change-makers of tomorrow. If you are looking for a virtual program that can help your child succeed in the 21st century, DCVA is a great option to consider. We offer a flexible, rigorous, and supportive environment that can help your child reach their full potential.